|Five Winners Selected In UnitedAuto Group Year 2000 Scholarship Program|
|Detroit, MI, June 27, 2000 - The UnitedAuto Group, Inc. (NYSE: UAG) Year 2000 Scholarship Program acknowledges children of UnitedAuto employees who are outstanding high school seniors as demonstrated by their academic achievement and community service activities. Five finalists have been chosen to receive $2,000 scholarships applicable to the college/university they plan to attend in the fall.|
UnitedAuto Group is pleased to recognize the following winners in this year's Scholarship Program:
To qualify for the scholarship, each student had to carry a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, have above average ACT/SAT scores, and be an active member of his or her school/community.
- Kelly A. Boldizar whose father is an employee at DiFeo Nissan in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Mary K. Newcomb whose father is an employee of Landers Buick Pontiac GMC in Benton, Arkansas.
- Laurie A. Pinkert whose father is an employee at Kissimmee Toyota in Kissimmee, Florida.
- Brittney J. Rogers whose father is an employee of United Auto Dodge in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Brandon D. Suhargo whose father is an employee of Scottsdale Lexus in Scottsdale, Arizona.
UnitedAuto believes in the importance of furthering education, and as a gesture of support offers these scholarships to the children of UnitedAuto employees who exhibit the drive and determination to succeed.
UnitedAuto, which has pursued a strategy based on internal growth from its existing dealerships, as well as from strategic acquisitions, operates 111 franchises in 16 states, Puerto Rico and Brazil. UnitedAuto dealerships sell new and used vehicles, and market a complete line of after-market automotive products and services.
This press release contains forward-looking information, and actual results may materially vary from those expressed or implied herein. Factors - including economic conditions, manufacturer approvals, and acquisitions risks that could affect these results - are described in reports and documents filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.